The NWT Rental Office provides an important service to both landlords and tenants as a convenient source of information regarding the obligations and responsibilities contained in tenancy agreements.
The NWT Rental Office has information on the following:
- Making a tenancy agreement with a new tenant
- A tenant wanting to get a pet
- Having a dispute with a tenant
- Having papers from the NWT Rental Office saying that your tenant has filed an application
- A tenant wanting to sublet or assign the unit
- A tenancy that has ended
- Appealing the Rental Officer's order
- Applying for an eviction order
The NWT Rental Office's website explains the law in general and is not intended to give you legal advice on your particular problem. Because each person's case is different, you may need to get legal help.