The NWT Rental Office provides an important service to both landlords and tenants as a convenient source of information regarding the obligations and responsibilities contained in tenancy agreements.
The NWT Rental Office has information on the following:
- Making a tenancy agreement with a new landlord
- Wanting to get a pet
- Having a dispute with your landlord
- Having papers from the NWT Rental Office saying that your landlord has filed an application
- Wanting to sublet or assign the unit
- A tenancy that has ended
- Wanting to appeal the Rental Officer's order
- Your landlord has applied for an eviction order
The NWT Rental Office's website explains the law in general and is not intended to give you legal advice on your particular problem. Because each person's case is different, you may need to get legal help.