Contributions provide funding for NWT communities to obtain the services of an Economic Development Officer, who is responsible to that community through the provision of salary and operations funding to individual communities.
Regional Economic Development Officers are experienced, knowledgeable, and networked to business development contacts in other organizations, financial institutions, and government departments and agencies. These business development specialists are ready to offer programs, support, advice, and assistance in the following areas:
- New business development and existing business expansion;
- Access to field specialists, such as regional tourism officers, petroleum officers, and business development officers;
- Mentoring, funding and business network development;
- Business training, awareness and counseling;
- Sourcing information and market data; and,
- Development of opportunities in a wide range of economic sectors.